torsdag 6. mai 2010

It is time!

...for some home surgery? ...muwahahahaha?

Finally I got in my hands a new hard drive for my poor computer. (500GB, 5400RPM, 8MB Cache)
And I'm gonna insert it all by myself.
I have done this several times on stationary computers, but it's the first time I open a laptop...
But I'm sure I can do it.
I am, after all, a daughter of a Typewriter-mechanic ;D

Now, here comes a pretty weird, maybe stupid, but serious question.

If the hard drive is the computer's "brain"...
Then I will have (soon) a new computer in an old body... Like brain transplantation... So it will be a new "person", right?
OR
Since I have back-up of all my files, it wont really forget anything. The "memory" will be intact, so is it still the same old computer?

The question is. When I configure my computer after the transplantation. Should I rename it?

2 kommentarer:

  1. I vote for the same name but with 2.0 behind! It would be like.... a human turning into a cyborg!
    I would also argue that the processor is the "brain", the hard drive is... uh just the part of brain with memories xD

    SvarSlett
  2. I had the same problem when I had to get a new hard drive for Pichu. I ended up not renaming her, since I hadn't really known her for that long anyway. But when you start thinking about it, the same applies to reformatting doesn't it?
    Deep deep question this^^,
    I like E2's suggestion. To name add 2.0 to the current name^^,

    SvarSlett