torsdag 10. februar 2011

Why on earth would anyone practice self destruction?

People always have some expectations about you. What you should wear, how you should behave and what you should say. At least I expect people to have expectations and so I go out of my way to fulfill them.

But. I think. Maybe.
That I’m always wrong. What I expected people to expect rarely is what they were actually expecting. And sometimes I’m freaking out because of how much they expect from me and then it turns out they weren’t expecting much, if anything, at all.

What’s up with that?

I guess my only real critic is me. And I should stop ‘cause I’m tearing myself down.

[“why on earth would anyone practice self destruction?” – “Bad Habit” by The Dresden Dolls]

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hmmmmm, I just expect you to keep being you, I guess. No pressure there, right? :D

    SvarSlett
  2. You, I feel the same way. I overthink everything, because I am afraid to disappoint, and then it turns out they didn't expect anything of me, and the only ones I disappointed was me.
    Lets practice not doing this anymore neh?

    SvarSlett