tirsdag 9. juli 2013

Theatre is Evil

For over a year ago I mentioned Amanda Palmer's kickstarter in a blogpost. And later I posted how I was waiting for her new album. But I never blogged about the album itself after it came out.

I think the reason why is I don't know where to start and I feel like I have to say something about Amenda Palmer the person too. This is a person that I really admire. There's so much to say about her (biggest girl-crush ever). But I need to tell you that her album rocks so I'll make this post about that.

Theatre is Evil is different from her earlier work, but it's still her. And the whole thing feels so real.
I have already shown you my absolute favorite track (Want It back), but I'll show you some others. This to me is the kind of album where one song jumps up and hooks you completely and the moment you're starting to feel done with that song another song jumps up and do the same. Even now, it's been over a year since I heard the first released song from the album, I'm still stuck on it and have now been swept away by the b-sides.

Here's a really sad and beautiful song. Which I love. And even though Want it Back is my personal favorite, I think this one is her best and most beautiful work.
The Bed Song - by Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra




This is the B-side song I'm currently obsessing over.
From St.Kilda to Fitzroy - by Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra




And I love Melody Dean and Massachusetts Avenue and Olly Olly Oxen Free and and and...
You can get it all here. For whatever price you want (even for free).

And I'll embed a video illustrating how cool Amanda Palmer is. And a link to her blog which really is worth reading.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar