søndag 20. juli 2014

band-aids and poetry

                                                                                                 08.March 2014

Have you ever watched "Music and Lyrics"? It's actually one of my favorite romcoms. mostly  because of the 80s music video at the start.




Anyways, in this movie they discuss how music and lyrics make up a song together and which is the most important. Of course the answer is none. They are equally necsessery to build a good hit song.

But I personally value lyrics the most.
Of course the music has to be there when I want to dance or just, you know, bang my head.
And the music is important for the presentation of the lyrics and can both empesize or ruin the message of the song. And sometimes I fall in love with a song purely because of the beautiful music.

But I have discovered that if the performance of the text is good enough, you don't need the music for it to be captivating. And I surprise myself by listening to this poem on repeat as if it were a song.
I didn't even know that I cared for poetry, but then I remember that lyrics are just that.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar