søndag 13. juli 2014

Wanna hear a somewhat awesome story?


                                                                                                           03.february 2014

It's from last summer. And I didn't think that much of it then, but my mother keeps retelling it to people so it occured to me that maybe I should tell it to people too. It is, after all, kinda cool.

In the summer my neighbor's dog managed to break free from her leash and chase my cat. Said neighbor chased the dog at once and stopped her before any damage was done, but my cat zoomed off like a rocket and we couldn't find him anywhere. I looked for him around the house, through different neighbors's gardens, up and down the street, and I started to get really worried and frustrated.

After a while I just stood at our terrace and called for him, almost ready to give up.
Right then, this common magpie lands at a birch-branch right next to me. And I mean right next to me, I could almost touch him. And I was like "well, hello old neighbor, you're awefully intimate today, what gives?"



Now I've always thought of the common magpie as a fairly dull bird. But I read somewhere that they can get over 10 years old and that they are intelligent enough to recognize themselves in a mirror (wich makes them, not only the most intelligent species of birds, but one of the world's most intelligent animals). They also, apparently, have a very strong family bond. And I realize that the bird I found in my company must have grown up alongside my 13 year old cat and that this bird's parents must have been the ones chasing my cat across the lawn when he, as a young'un, had been raiding their nest.
Anyways, this bird flyes up and sits down on a telephone line outside our garden.
And he waits until, it seems, he's certain my eyes have followed him.


He then flyes up again and this time lands in a tree next to my neighbor's garage. A tree that also contains my, still terrified, cat. It took us an hour, but my brother and I managed to lure our cat down with some tuna and he's now living happily ever after. Hopefully; so is the gentleman magpie.


True story.


1 kommentar:

  1. That truly is a great story, I can see why your mother keeps telling it.
    And I love your little drawings too! :)

    SvarSlett