fredag 16. april 2010

eldfjall

Because of the hot weather these days I've left my window open all day and now, I swear, the air in my bedroom smells kinda like dirt. Or sulfor as my mother suggested without giving it any deep thought untill later.
It's kinda sick isn't it? It happens miles away in Iceland and it affects my little bedroom in a Norwegian forest. o.o

Speaking of the Nordic countries.
if you hang around at DeviantArt sure you've all stumbled over Humon's comic "Scandinavia and the world"? Isn't it somewhat hilaroiuos? I love it. It's so stereotypical and I actually think Norway is pretty well represented.



And. At school today I learned that one of the reasons that the Finnish people are so good at school is because of their excellent libraries. Maybe I should go to the library during my visit this summer, for the sake of my profession? XD

2 kommentarer:

  1. Will you believe I actually found out about this when I walked past a newsstand about and hour ago.XP
    My mom might be stuck in the states for a while 'cos they won't put up airplanes right nowXP
    Strange thou, that you can smell it....
    I read it might be spewing ash for months. Maybe it will sort out some the global warming a little bit? I think that have happened before, that some large volcano erupts and blocks out the sun for a time, and that makes the earth cooler. (And by the way, more snow does not negate global warming, because warmer=more water evaporates, and that water has to come down. So more snow just proves that we have global warming... So jah...XP)

    SvarSlett
  2. I had not seen that comic on DA, I will have to check it out.
    And yes, our library is mighty nice (at least compared to some other libraries that comes in mind :D) ;)

    SvarSlett