onsdag 22. september 2010

I think I will begin pretending I am a princess

I think I understand now why I love Frances Hodgson Burnett so.
I think I like how her books agrees with my own beliefs about magic.

I believe that magic exists. In our world, in this so called reality.
Only that it's so ordinary that we don't really see it.
Magic isn't shiny sparks turning people into frogs, making pigs fly or any other nature-defying tricks. Magic is your own personal accomplishments. Magic is all the changes. Magic is all the little coincidences. Magic is the strength to turn yourself around. Magic is the way you make someone else feel better.

You know what it's like to stand outside a winter morning freezing your toes off waiting for the next train. How thinking of something warm or fun will make you feel better? It's really hard, but a clever mind can do it.
And that is magic.

Both "The Secret Garden" and "A Little Princess" really are the most adorable books.
I wish for "Little Lord Fauntleroy" for Christmas...

["'I've often thought,' said Sara, in her reflecting voice, 'that I should like to be a princess; I wonder what it feels like. I believe I will begin pretending I am one.'" - A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett]

4 kommentarer:

  1. Consider it done:P

    And you are a princess ^^ Magic is also when you are sad and angry and the thought of someone makes it all go away. You are my magic.

    SvarSlett
  2. :o That must be one of the most beautiful things anyone have ever said to me! Awwww!
    And you have the same effect on me, Vilje <3

    SvarSlett
  3. This must be one of the reasons why you're so Awesome with a capital A. I hope you never stop believing in magic :)

    SvarSlett
  4. Am I awesome? Wow, thanks! You're too sweet~ ^.^

    SvarSlett